DubiousLive TV

1.19.2010

Pick Pockets


Many moons ago, when I worked for the college paper, I made it a point to come up with a great deal of ideas. Unfortunately, I never had the gumption to implement a lot of them.

There was one in particular that I still cling to in the hopes that, one day, it will take hold and skyrocket me to the pinnacle of journalistic creativity.

"Pick Pockets" was going to be a weekly column where a street correspondent with interview random people on the street about the contents of their pockets (a highly underrated method of storage), and have them muse about its contents.

For example, my pockets contain:

- an iPhone w/earbuds
- exactly $0.36 in change
- a monogrammed money clip with various cards and $18 in cash
- a half-used stick of lip balm

Right off the bat I can tell you that I'm relatively broke. This is one of the first times (in a very long time) that I've had a little bit of extra money in my pockets. Surprisingly enough, I am one of the few guys I know who doesn't keep his cell phone on some ridiculous belt clip. Other than that, I really like my money clip (had it for three years or so). It was a gift from my girlfriend.
-----------
You see the potential of a piece like this? The possibilities? From just a few contents in one's pockets you have the potential to create an entire profile story. I will try my hardest to incorporate this idea into future posts and see what I can come up with. I will keep you all posted.

-BJW

No comments: