DubiousLive TV

7.18.2008

New Music Review: Santogold - "L.E.S Artistes"



For some reason when I first heard this track, I was eerily reminded of Tegan & Sara circa "Walking with a Ghost”. Now, I’m not exactly sure if this is a good thing or what but I would like to think that Santogold has a lot of promise with her latest album. Oddly enough, many people would be surprised to find out that Snatogold has been in the singing/songwriting business since 1993, which makes her even more of a wild card at this point.



Santogold - L.E.S Artistes. Directed by
Nima Nourizadeh.

All in all, I have a very good outlook for Ms. Santogold but keep in mind that if she doesn’t establish her individuality among the younger crowd as soon as possible she mind end up falling in the ranks somewhere between M.I.A and Tracy Chapman, and that is a level a purgatory I don’t think Dante himself would want to be stuck in.

-BJW

No comments: